[INFO] How to Submit a ban

If you feel the need for an administrator to ban someone that isn't banned, then post it here. Please provide evidence of the people because it will make it a lot easier to confirm.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Site Admins, Ban Hammers

[INFO] How to Submit a ban

Postby Waffles » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 am

Please use this Set-up if you are submitting a ban to make it easy and to make sure everything is there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is the offender's name?

2. What is the offense?

3. What is the offender's Steam ID?

4. Did you give the offender a warning?

5. Include Demo here:

6. Include Picture of Steam ids / offense:

7. What server was it in?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See below for more info.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your request bumped if no admin (http://thepwned.com/current-admins.php) has replied on your topic "He is banned" or "He is not banned". Also, if your topic is locked, that means it has been handled also.

Remember, evidence is required to ban, without evidence, most we can do is about a 1 day ban or keep watch:
Witchhunter wrote:They do count for something, but we aren't going to ban based on witness testimony unless the witness is VERY highly trusted. Even then it would only be a short term ban.

----------------------------------Demo info------------------------------------------------------------
Please record demos and provide steam_id's within them.
To record a demo, go to this page : http://thepwned.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2130

During a demo, press your console button, type status. This gives us a clear picture of who was on the server and verifies it is their steam id.
---------------------------------More Info------------------------------------------------
The numbers on the side of text relate to the numbers above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.This is what gets the person to stay banned. It generally looks something like this
STEAM_0:0:######## You can get this by typing status in console.

Also, some people don't provide this in text (they provide pic), this gets tedious when typing it in Global to make sure the right person gets banned so please copy paste it.

5. Demos are videos that provide us with clear information. This is the best type of evidence.
This is usually for Mic spamming, racism over mic, blocking and just about any other game-play related offense

6. Easier and more convenient than a demos. However, this is usually only for chat related offenses or for Steam_Ids. Blocking and mic spamming will not be able to be banned with only screenshots.
Waffles
Zombie Slaughter Champion

Re: [INFO] How to Submit a ban.

Postby Trexxasaurus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:52 am

Awesome waffles, thanks. I edited the title to make it more formal, moved it to the correct place, and made it an announcement.
Trexxasaurus
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻

Re: [INFO] How to Submit a ban

Postby Waffles » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:16 am

Perhaps I will try to tidy it up later. It's late atm for me.
Waffles
Zombie Slaughter Champion

Postby Infamous » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I just have a small suggestion and fix when you put
Waffles wrote:3.This is what gets the person to stay banned. It generally looks something like this

Most STEAM IDs actually start like this: "STEAM_0:1:#########".
It has something to do with if they purchased a orange box or a HL2 Source Engine game or w/e first.

I'll post why that is different in a second after I research it.
Infamous
ThePwned = My Life

Postby Trexxasaurus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Infamous wrote:I just have a small suggestion and fix when you put
Waffles wrote:3.This is what gets the person to stay banned. It generally looks something like this

Most STEAM IDs actually start like this: "STEAM_0:1:#########".
It has something to do with if they purchased a orange box or a HL2 Source Engine game or w/e first.

I'll post why that is different in a second after I research it.

That can't be right. I have two accounts, both of which have had counter-strike:source as the first game and one has the 1 in the beginning and the other has a 0.
Trexxasaurus
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻

Postby A Hidden Soul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:53 am

Looks great! Thanks Waffles
A Hidden Soul
Site Admin

Return to Ban Requests/Reports